Open Science at the Global Scale – Brussels, 31 March 2015
February 11, 2015
We are proud to announce the “Open Science at the Global Scale: Sharing e-Infrastructures, Sharing Knowledge, Sharing Progress” Conference to be held in Brussels on March 31, 2015 at Marivaux Hotel. This major event in the field of e-Infrastructures for Research and Education is organised by Sigma Orionis as part of the CHAIN-REDS project, under the aegis of European Commission (DG CONNECT).
The conference aims at bringing together policy-makers and research stakeholders from all the regions targeted by the project (Asia, Africa, Arabia, Europe and Latin America) to discuss major developments and perspectives in the field of global e-Infrastructures for Research and Education. The CHAIN-REDS main outcomes will be presented on this occasion:
- The development of a Distributed Computing Infrastructure interoperation model between Europe and other regions
- The promotion of international standards and technical guidelines for interoperability of cloud services across continents
- One of the largest existing e-Infrastructure-related digital information systems, the CHAIN-REDS Knowledge Base
- A complete methodology for better sharing and using scientific data
- The CHAIN-REDS Science Gateway: a single portal for accessing remote computing and data services anywhere in the world
- The support of the creation of Identity Federations to make Authentification and Authorisation easier for users and service providers worldwide
- The main outcomes of the six awareness-raising workshops organised by CHAIN-REDS in Asia, Africa, Arabia, and Latin America
The Conference will feature the following plenary sessions:
- A high-level policy session bringing together policy-makers from Asia, Africa, Arabia and Latin America who will testify on the benefits of e-Infrastructures for Research and Education and who will share their vision on long-term global collaboration
- Two end-user oriented sessions with focus on the impacting CHAIN-REDS-supported solutions in five regions of the world as well as on the project’s vision on further technological cooperation needed by global virtual research communities
The “Open Science at the Global Scale: Sharing e-Infrastructures, Sharing Knowledge, Sharing Progress” Conference will represent a unique opportunity to gain an insight on the status and perspectives of global e-Infrastructures for Research and Education and to network with peers and key stakeholders in the field (private/public bodies).
Check the Conference agenda and Register now!